Sunday 2 April 2017

9 Spring Cleaning Hacks to Help You Get Motivated

Spring Cleaning Season
With Spring now in full force it's time to think about deep cleaning the house, de-cluttering and organising. Now when it comes to cleaning I am a total 'Spring Cleaning Procrastinator', but when I do get into the swing of things I actually feel accomplished and content. So here on the blog today I wanted to share with you some of my cleaning tips and tricks that I use to help me get motivated for the big 'Spring Clean Season'.
1. Set Aside a Weekend
First things first, set aside a weekend to give each room a deep clean as Spring cleaning can often be more time consuming, plus you don't want to rush what you've already started.

2. Create Your Own Cleaning Caddy
Why not create your own cleaning caddy and colour co-ordinate your cleaning essentials as well. That way you feel not only more motivated to clean, but to know you'll have everything in one place that can be easily transported from room to room.

3. Make Your Own DIY Cleaners 
If you're looking for more budget friendly cleaners, then you can always make your own DIY versions. There is plenty of natural and affordable cleaning recipes to choose from and here's some of my firm favourites...

4. Stay Motivated
Just lately I have been obsessed with watching cleaning and organisation channels, as I find these types of videos help motivate me massively. My top three favourites are,
Clean My Space - www.youtube.com/cleanmyspace
Vasseur Beauty - www.youtube.com/vasseurbeauty
At Home with Nikki - www.youtube.com/AtHomeWithNikki

Other ways I find help motivate me also, are podcasts and watching a good old Netflix series while I'm cleaning. (I'm currently watching Gilmore Girls for the 2nd time in a row!)

5. Plan & Measure 
If you decide to re-organise, then I find the best way to do this is to plan, draw and measure up each section. That way it makes it easier to research the right storage solutions for your space.
Copper Basket - Home Sense
6. 3 Step Plan
When de-cluttering be sure to follow the 3 Step Plan I've spoken about before here. This will help you make firm and honest decisions.

I always ask myself these same three question every time I purge and they are,
1. When was the last time you used it or wore it in the last six months?
2. Is it expired or old?
3. Can it be sold, put to good use elsewhere, tossed or given to charity?

7. Devise a Schedule
To stay on top of your cleaning schedule, why not put together a weekly plan that's set out simply and that's easy to stick too. Just remember to always take one step at a time, so that you don't get overwhelmed and you can focus on the areas that need the most attention first.

8. Stay on Top of Things
Sometimes I tend to slack when it comes to staying on top of things, but one system I've found useful is to have a separate pot to store all your dirty make-up brushes in, so they don't get mixed up and spread dirt into your clean ones. Then at the end of the week you can transport the dirty ones to the bathroom to give them either a spot or deep clean.

9. Think Outside the Box
Finally think outside the box and use trays, baskets or even plates to help keep sections organised and clutter free. You can find any of these budget friendly items at Home Sense, Tiger, Muji, Wilko or Homebase, just use your imagination...
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig